Sylvia Penny has compiled and edited an interesting and helpful collection of Christian articles by women and for women on a wide variety of subjects.
The contributors are: Ruth Harman, Gillian Henry, Janet Horobin, Rusty Hughes, Carolyn Mansell, Mary McLean, Barbara Parsons, Penny Richardson, Hazel Stephens, Gaynor Titterington, Vicky Wilkinson and Sylvia Penny herself.
“I enjoyed the book. It is a good resource and easily dipped into.” (Reviewed by Rita Dollar in Prophecy Today.)
Part One - Women in Scripture
Old Testament Women
- Reflections of Miriam
- Five Women
- Hagar, literally and figuratively
New Testament Women
- The Anointings of Jesus
- Mary Magdalene
- The Third Day (Mary Magdalene)
- Mary, the Mother of Jesus
- Mary’s Story (Mother of Jesus)
- Reflections of Priscilla
Part Two - Christian Living
- A Living Temple
- Our Ambitions
- Don’t Hurry!
- Fullness of Joy
- Rules for Life
- Peace of Mind
- “He has made everything beautiful in His time”
- Considering Others
Part Three - Husbands and Wives
- The Wife of Noble Character
- Women, Wives and Wisdom
- Husbands and Wives
- Why do Christian marriages break down?
Part Four - Raising Children
- Aw, Go on Mum (poem)
- Jesus Christ and Father Christmas
- Coping with Motherhood
- Bringing up children
- Putting the Lord first
- Has God Got Ears?
Part Five - Spiritual Subjects
- A God for our Time (poem)
- The Cost of Living
- Is your God Big Enough?
- Who can we blame for our sins?
- Why pray? God already knows our needs!
- Who will get eternal life?
- The Race of a Lifetime
Part Six - A Christian Perspective on Modern-Day Issues
- The Place of the Single Woman in Scripture
- Punctuality, and meaning what we say
- Teenage Marriage
- Stopping Shopping!
Part Seven - The Apostle Paul and Women
- The Lord Jesus, the Apostle Paul, and Women
- Head coverings and long hair
- “I do not permit a woman to teach”
Part Eight - Bible Background
- Jewish Women in the First Century
- Greek and Roman Women in the First Century
- A Woman’s Uncleanliness