Varying interpretations of Acts 2 have been the cause of many disagreements and rifts in Christendom. However, few have taken the time and trouble to study the prophet from whom Peter quoted. Many know the five verses he quoted on the Day of Pentecost but…..
- What was the whole of Joel’s message?
- What was the context of the words Peter quoted?
- What did Joel mean by them?
- What did Peter understand by them?
- Was Joel’s prophecy fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost?
- Or are his words still unfulfilled?
- And if unfulfilled, when will they come to pass?
This book does an excellent job by first presenting the reader with an easy to read exposition of the whole of Joel’s Prophecy. After that it moves on and discusses Peter’s use of it, before considering whether or not Acts 2 was the fulfilment of what Joel wrote.