In this book the author encourages the reader to seriously enquire into the nature of mankind and to consider their destiny after death.
- Has man a soul, or is man a soul?
- What is 'soul'?
- What happens to the soul at death?
- What is the place of resurrection?
These basic questions, and many others, are discussed dispassionately using the Bible as the source for answers.
The Chapter headings are:
- What is death according to the Bible?
- Why does man die?
- The penalty of sin is death
- Jesus Christ, the solution to sin and death
- Faith is the key to eternal life
- Death is likened to sleep
- What is resurrection
- Resurrection will bring us into the presence of the Lord
- Now is Christ risen from the dead
- What is soul? (nephesh / psuche)
- What is spirit? (ruach / pneuma)
- What is hell? (sheol / hades)
- Hell and hell fire (Ge Hinnom / Gehenna)
- The fate of the unredeemed
- Hebrew words used to describe the penalty of sin - perish/destroy/destruction
- Greek words used to describe the penalty of sin - perish/destroy/lose
- The Lake of fire and the second death
- Concluding comments
- Appendix 1 - The Rich man and Lazarus
- Appendix 2 - Problematic Scriptures