This book clearly explains how we need to Approach the Bible if we are to make sense of what God has said and done. It does so in an easy to read style and with easy to understand method.
Michael Penny does an excellent job of following and explaining the advice of Bishop Miles Coverdale, which was contained in the first complete Bible printed in English.
That advice was based on asking such questions as:
- “Who” were these words written to, or “Who” were they about?
- “Where” is this to take place?
- “When” was it written or “When” is it about?
- “What”, precisely, is said?
- “Why” did God say it, do it, or will do it?
After asking and answering such questions, we will then have a better understanding of that part of the Bible and can “Apply” that passage to our lives today.