When Christians talk about ‘commission’ they tend to discuss the end of Matthew 28 and what they call “The Great Commission”, but before then Christ had given others.
- The Commission to the Twelve,
- The Commission to Seventy-Two.
And afterwards, the Saviour gave more, including:
- The Commission at the end of Mark,
- The Commission at the start of Acts,
- A New and Different Two-Part Commission to Paul,
- A Special Commission to Peter,
- The final commission given to Paul.
Obviously these are not all the same, so what are the differences and which ones shouldn't we follow? However, the important question is ... which one or ones should we?